- The current boarding location for Routes 54, 56, and 58 will be temporarily used as the bus boarding location for Routes 72/72X, 74, and 76.
- The current boarding location for Routes 27 and 44 will be temporarily shared with Route 38. Two stops that are located in the same area (boarding areas for Routes 18 and 24) will not be in use for the duration of the closure.
The most difficult transition made for the closure is the transferring of Routes 18 and 24 stops from Fremont Street between Mission and Market Streets to Pine Street between Front and Battery Streets, such that passengers who use these routes should walk two blocks northeast, then north after Market, and crossing towards the northern sidewalk of Pine Street to board their buses, the longest walk being for the Route 18. Bus stop sharing will also be implemented on Pine Street, such that:
- The current boarding location for Route 8 will be temporarily be used as the bus boarding location for Route 24.
- The current boarding location for Route 2 will be temporarily shared with Routes 8 and 18.
Affected passengers who may not want to walk far to get to their bus may consider boarding their buses at the following locations:
- Bus boarding area A – at Fremont Street farside Folsom Street (convenient for South of Market riders)
- Along Sansome Street between California and Washington Streets: a major time point for all commuter bus routes (convenient for transfers from BART and Muni Metro)
As needed, I will update on the status of Muni’s bus stop on Fremont Street nearside Mission Street (for Line 76-Marin Headlands) if that particular stop will be closed in September. Should that stop be closed, passengers using Line 76 can board on the bus island on Fremont Street nearside Market Street, which is also shared with the 5-Fulton, 38-Geary, and 38L-Geary Limited lines.